Saturday, January 15, 2011

Stiff Neck

On the scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being the highest score for stubbornness, I think I can be ranked 9.5 because getting full marks only happens in objective questions.

I stayed in KL for 5 years plus and had never owned a Touch 'n Go card. I traveled to places like nobody's business. I took monorail to work every morning when I was with previous company for one year and three months and that still didn't manage to make me get a card. I went through the buying ticket process every morning and I was fine with it. People who really know my whereabouts would know how much time in my life were spent commuting on LRTs. Many friends asked why didn't I get the card or monthly pass already. I just smiled and gave loads of excuses: no time to get one, difficult to top up the credit, don't know how to use ATM to top up, troublesome to keep checking how much credit left in the card, sometimes the machine will over-charge, and etc.

Last December, I finally got myself a Touch 'n Go card after I saw that it'll be easier for me to (offer to) pay the toll fee with the card if a friend's kind enough to give me a ride in his or her car. I was finally considering it after Lee Fang sent me home after a debate training camp in Bangi. And finally bought it, when Jun Hoe had agreed to drive both of us to Fea's wedding in Penang.

After coming back from the wedding, there are some credits remain in the card. I kept it and sometimes went on with purchasing ticket from the LRT counter when I was traveling. I told myself I will use it only when it's really necessary, such as long queue at the counter or I really need to catch the train, etc.

SO, there were times I used the card. And as you've guessed, slowly I am using the card more frequently now. It always comes to my mind that: Aiya, you don't have to queue up, you have the card! Oh the pleasure of convenience and queue-free travels!

Now I can't remember why would someone who travels very much like me didn't get a Touch 'n Go card and still survive in KL.

Oh, stubbornness :)

2 comments:

Xu Vin said...

talking about stubbornness, oh no way u're 9.5 cher. if u're 9.5 some ppl i noe would be 100. haha.

San Dee said...

hmm...personal view, that is more of silliness than the stubbornness. time is money:p
everyday i used the touch n go for convenience also for the 20% discount.LOL