Saturday, January 29, 2011

Random

1. I just came back from a free trial kick-boxing class at this training center which offers relatively cheap packages. Of course, the down sides are:
(a) the trainers might not be national champions or were in national kick-boxing teams (like both of my previous trainers);
(b) only the first 7 classes are on one-to-one basis, the rest of the classes are conducted in group; and
(c) it's in a shoplot, so the space is quite limited.

Nonetheless, the trainers are competent enough to make sure my kicks and punches are right. Besides, training in a group means I have more people to spar with in future. So I think it's not too bad. The most important thing is, it is very much cheaper than my previous packages from gym. I believe sooner or later I'll sign up classes with them. But maybe not now. I need to sort out my financial status and schedule first.

One thing that hit me was that I was only greeted by my trainer (because he had to) and an Iranian guy. The rest of the class were apparently Malaysians (2 Malays and 2 Chinese). But I only got to talk to a Chinese girl before the class started. And that conversation was initiated by myself, too.What happen to our friendly Malaysian? No, I was not pissed, but feel really irony. I was in my home country but only foreigner came and be friendly.

2. It's not the first time I had friends from my uni who were working else where came to my lab for business purposes. The first time was Shahrul (Panjang), we're his client. And then (surprise, surprise!) Joel Chong! I couldn't believe myself that it was him when I first saw him in my lab because I haven't seen him in person for around 4 years already. He did recognise me but couldn't remember my name. Of course, who was I for him to remember? Joel was a very famous and smart senior of mine. His colleague helped us to take a picture in my lab :)


3. A colleague of mine has resigned last week :( She's only with us for one month and 2 weeks before she's offered a job with the government (Health Ministry if not mistaken). And yes, that job comes with better offer, too. Anyway, we wish the best for her.


4. My friend Arvind introduces some eating places around my area so that I have more options to explore for dinner. I've had an interesting week because of this, and managed to make myself NOT standing on the weighing scale for a while. Anyway, I am in love with Mandarin oranges *munch*munch*munch*

Happy Chinese New year, everyone! Have a safe trip for those who are traveling.

No comments: