Saturday, October 30, 2010

Serious colleagues

Parthiban sat me down and told me about how the work in histopathology lab is a form of art. It takes time to develop the skills and it takes patience for it to happen. Of course, it involves hard work. But most importantly is not to rush or try too hard for it. Because if I do, I will miss out even more things instead.

It reminded me that no matter how important the end result is, it is less important than the process to achieve it. Like how some people prefer to say they travelled to somewhere instead of they reached there, for traveling down the journey matters more than the destination.

Parthiban has told me the same thing more than once. He said we have the best team as a histopathology lab in (at least) Klang Valley area. Every time as he talks about this, he has this fondness and passion in his tone. He must have loved and appreciated this art very much. I am thankful for him to actually take his time and share this advice from his experience. You don't normally get people who bothers to sit you down and prep talk you or share their passion. You don't even normally find passionated people at work place to begin with. Especially in lab. Most of them stay to work, as a job.

He is the one who has worked here for 3 years.

No comments: