Saturday, October 23, 2010

Fresh Air

Just went out to meet up with Jim, Mar-Jie and Wye Li at Empire Shopping Gallery. I've always wanted to go there ever since the first time I heard this new shopping mall has opened.

Today I've got my chance but well, it's disappointing because it isn't very impressive. It's slightly better than Farenheit in Bukit Bintang area with more eating outlets. You know how a mall has failed when it doesn't even bring the excitement to first time visitors. The only book store Empire has is Popular. It's pathetic. I'm sorry but if Popular bookstore were to make me love them a bit more, maybe they should reduce the price of books lower than market price.

Anyway, the meet up was just what I needed at this kind of time. Now that I'm starting to taste how it is like to work half day on every Saturdays, I treasure my remaining weekends and social life even more. I don't even look forward to Friday anymore and that alone is horrifying.

But maybe the change is good. I always like when I am obsess about my work - be it during my thesis, crunching time during year end in previous company, and now, peak hours in lab everyday. Work takes up a big chunk of my life and I'd better love it than otherwise.

Next, I've just transferred my gym membership from Lot 10 to Subang Parade. They have kick-boxing trainer here, too! I am very excited about it. I am going for a trial tomorrow evening before I decide if I will be taking up sessions with this trainer. Note, it is still not cheap and I really need to consider if it worths to continue to satisfy my addiction with this work out. Seriously, I was missing kick-boxing when I was in lab, worrying about not having time and energy to go work out after work.

No comments: