Saturday, June 25, 2011

Printed Gossips

I always tell myself that I don't need to buy newspaper because I can read them online. I'm sure I will go online to check mails and whatnot before sleep. So it shouldn't be hard for me to just check out the headlines also.

Nah. That's a lie. It doesn't sound like one. How hard is it to visit a website and briefly glance through the screaming headlines? But I'm always distracted by something else, such as a Youtube video shared by a friend on Facebook or new sick comic strips by Oatmeal.. And end up climbing onto bed without reading anything beneficial.

So maybe the only solution is still to buy a copy of newspaper and read it, at least once a week. One of the good thing about printed newspaper is the advertisement in it. Who knows, it might have something I am looking for? Since young I always find newspapers to contain too many big words hence I concluded it's only for the serious adults like my dad. Now, it still contains words too big for me to digest. But, it's long overdue for me to start to make it a habit.

No comments: