Monday, June 20, 2011

Fight Club - Chuck Palahniuk

I've just finished Chuck Palahniuk's Fight Club.

It.was.awesome! The story is only 198 pages long but his writing style is so mind-blowing that even the Afterword tastes good like dessert after meal. When I was half way reading it, I came across a paragraph which I wanted to share it here, but I didn't have the mood and decent internet connection to do so. I went on reading and got fascinated by an entire chapter which I wished to share it here, too. Luckily I didn't. Because at the third quarter of the book, the story gave an unexpected twist and turned out that the entire story was not what I thought it was (note: It's hard enough to finally make sense out of the story by chapter 6).

This book receives a lot of contrasting reviews. Some say it's epic; some, "too dark". I think it is both. It is epic because its darkness was very well portrayed. To some extent, its dark twisted logic makes sense and it is inspiring. Really. And the best part of the writing style is, it fiddles with your subconscious. You'll be reminded of what was said in chapters ahead by just a sentence of 5 words.

I guess I am ready for a Monday :)

No comments: