Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Don't shake my world.

Today a colleague of mine asked if I felt the tremor. I didn't feel it and had not the chance to read SMS news alert about the earthquake in Sumatra, so I didn't expect to experience such a thing. I wasn't the only one not aware of the coming and passing of such tremor. I'm not sure about others, but usually once I clock in at 9am, I'd either be standing or walking around till around 11:30am. I just want to get things done promptly. With my mind occupied by things at hand, nothing comes in my way when I'm at work. Somehow I think my obsessiveness gives me the adrenaline rush, which is the source of thrill at work place. That explains why normally I am unable to reply messages or pick up calls during this period.

For some reasons, I almost replied "I'm sorry I don't have the time to sit around to feel the tremor" to my colleague. Of course I didn't. I've had enough tension working with people who procrastinate. And double that tension with me being the most junior staff at my bench and keeping everything with myself. I believe no negative word is appreciated.

It's either I need to tone down my obsessiveness or dying patients do deserve to wait for 3 days for something that can be done in 30 minutes.

1 comment:

Xu Vin said...

its great that u're so dedicated to ur job cher. lots of patients are benefiting from it. keep it up! :D the place is reli lucky 2 hav u. bt dont 4get to inject some laughter and happy go luckiness into that obsession as well kay :D