Sunday, November 28, 2010

Treasures in Jars of Clay

2 Corinthians 4:7-12

7But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us. 8We are hard pressed from every side, but not crushed; perplexed. but not depair; 9persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed. 10We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body. 11For who we are alive are always being given over to death for Jesus' sake, so that his life may be revealed in our mortal body. 12So then, death is at work in us, but life is at work in you.

How significant is Jesus' death to you? Will you hold on and stand up for Him during trying moments, after what He's done for you?

I am beginning to learn to be firm through peaceful acts. My principles on certain matters have not changed. But God told me to always trust in Him and gain peace, to follow His instruction obediently. I am quite an out-spoken person sometimes. I tell people what I think. But I've learnt that I don't have to be loud to prove a point. Showing peaceful and consistent personality is the way to go. Standing up doesn't mean to fight back against human, but against the temptation which desires to let anger and hatred control our actions and words. To still have a heart filled with love and peace even when we're treated otherwise. Jesus does not only preach, but His kindness is also portrayed through His gentle actions. I want to have a heart that beats for Jesus. I want to have a heart that beats LIKE Jesus'.

The all-surpassing strength is from God, so ask Him for it, and He will give it to you. If you are thirsty, ask God to fill your cup with living water.

John 4:13-14
13Jesus answered, "Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, 14but whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life."

Have a nice week, people!

No comments: