Thursday, November 25, 2010

Settle Down

I've stayed in Subang for more than a month now. Until today, many have asked me if I've eventually adapted to this new place, or "settled down".

The word "settle down" always brings a calmer tone to whatever situation we're referring to. Settle down as in the snow slowly descending from the sky and settle down on roof top, ground. Settle down as in getting married with your steady girlfriend and build a family, not looking around anymore and spend less time out there but more focus in managing household affairs.

To me, I am settled down when I do the opposite, I think. When I've got to know the new place, familiarize with the public transport system, make some new friends to hang out with and get in touch with the happenings around here, it's when I feel comfortable. I've eventually getting back the habit of filling up my schedule a week ahead, yet still allow some room for impromptu plans. I'm back to the tak-boleh-duduk-diam-diam-kat-rumah me, hee hee.

So yes, I have settled down. Life has been exciting! :D

No comments: