Saturday, April 23, 2011

Red bombs? Bring it on!

I just came back from a Malay wedding. I knew both bride and groom since we were studying degree together in UKM. Special thanks to Shahrul who was kind enough to give me a ride. A moment of advertisement: Yes, he is still single, you ladies out there better pay attention! :)

I don't know, I always attend friends' weddings with mixed feelings. It's either I know the bride or the groom. And if I know both of them, the feeling is different and stronger. Joy. Excitement. Merry. Appreciation for such lovely couple, knowing that they're getting more stable day by day. And the love that fills the air!

Having said  that, I realise that I'm slightly closer to my Malay coursemates than to my Chinese coursemates. I've attended at least 2 Malay coursemates' weddings after our graduation but I always miss the Chinese coursemates' gatherings. There was one some time during CNY, I missed it because I didn't have transport and it's kinda pricey - it was at Traders Hotel if not mistaken. And the second one is tomorrow afternoon in Fullhouse at Jalan Yap Kwan Seng. I am giving it a pass because it's Easter tomorrow and I will be spending my day in church. There's another event with the Chinese coursemates coming up. It's a trip to Batu Caves. I've never been there but again, I shall miss it because it clashes with my Genting trip with my debater friends. And I am especially excited about this trip because I am bringing Szuchen with me to join them! Szuchen is a very dear friend of mine. I'd like her to meet my other friends who mean a lot to me, too :)

Next weekend is Ilaina's wedding. If Shahrul is going and can give me a ride again, I'd really love to attend it, too. I guess it's also a way for us to meet up with some old friends. We had a great time catching up and exchange news. I was told that Abid has delivered her first baby boy on 6th April after an eventful delivery. Phew!

It's a wonderful weekend :)

No comments: