Sunday, July 17, 2011

Refreshed

One of the thing Sweeks asked us to reflect on during our daily 15 minutes reflection period is: How will my action influence the people around me/ What kind of impact does my action bring to the people around me?

It is indeed a very important question. From the things we say, the way we say things to little actions that leave certain feeling in people's heart, it all matters.

For Sweeks, what he did over the weekend for the debating team has made me not only look forward to the coming UKM IV during the weekend. It actually makes me look forward to my 4 days working days prior to the tournament as well. I don't just see them as they are just 4 more working days to endure, but 4 more days to live and hope to bring little change, little warmth and little inspiration to wherever I go or to whoever I be with.

I am drained and tired after the training camp. I have not been having an intensive training camp for years. Even this time, I didn't receive the full blow of intensity under Sweek's round the clock debate and workshops schedule as compared to the juniors who had been there since Friday. Yet I feel exhausted nonetheless.

However, all is worthwhile. I brought home ideas and thoughts I've newly adopted.

And I also brought back Cher Linn, refreshed.

P/s: It's rare for me to have a hard time to fall sleep -even after a long day- on a reasonably comfortable bed. Normally I can sleep soundly once my head hit the pillow. Well, maybe because I didn't have a night light switched on for me on Saturday night in the hotel.

It's just ... weird.

No comments: