Monday, July 23, 2012

Left, not lost.

There was a dinner with debaters last Thursday, a farewell dinner for Jun Hoe before he flies off on 31st July. Then the following Saturday, there's a wedding dinner. It's only during occasion like this that people meet up. They call it the SiYau wedding, for SI Qin and Hon YAU :) I attended their church in Wangsa Maju before I move to Subang. Hence I got to meet up with church friends whom I have not met since almost 2 years ago. It was awesome. And my heart filled with much happiness when SiYau walked into the hall together. I was glad to be there. These two events reminded me of my good old times with friends like them. They reminded me of the time when I was happy and cheerful. And I hold the debatng family dearly in my heart. Deborah asked me how I was."How are you? Still as happy ya?" I smiled. I pondered on the word "still". I've forgotten that I was always happy before I move to Subang. Well, there were much ups and downs when I'm in Subang, too. But it did make me asked, again: Where is Cher Linn? Who is this girl behind the smile now?

2 comments:

Xu Vin said...

walking down memory lane does make one ponder. you may have changed in certain ways from the old you, but it doesn't necessarily mean you're not happy. chances are, you've been moulded into a better person. :D

Gine said...

Thanks, dear :) you're always kind with words. The world needs more people like you. My world, at least :) *hugs*